So this is it, the start of my journey, on a quest to walk a road less traveled. I am by no means the first person in the world to try and achieve financial & location independence, but very few people have achieved it, many have tried but the road less traveled is exactly that for a reason … it’s bloody hard! But the point of this very first post is not to discourage myself, but rather pump me up for what is ahead. I will have to fight for every inch and sacrifice a lot, so this post is I guess my way of preparing my body and mind for what could be a long fight.
But then saying it like that makes it sounds like I am not excited for what is ahead. Which is certainly not the case, I have never wanted anything more in my life!
Watch the video. It will help explain exactly how I feel and hopefully inspire some of you out there …
Yeah thats what i am talking about! I ain’t gonna quit! Will the real John Paul Grant please stand up! The best quote I take away from these two videos …
“All men are created equal … some worker harder in pre season”
- Emmitt Smith.
I am going into this seeing it as the greatest challenge of my life, one of which I am sure will have many up and downs (and already has) … one of which will not be all smooth sailing (smooth driving to stick with the analogy), but I am bloody well determined to make it a success regardless of how long it takes! I will not give up ever, until I reach my goal. It will take more strength, will power and pure determination than I ever thought I had, but that is the only way you can grow right? challenging yourself, by pushing through pain.
“Pain is only temporary, it may last a day, a week or even a year, but it will subside. Quitting however lasts a lifetime.”
But Why? …
- Because I want a life worth talking about! Simple as that. Currently I despise the question many of us get all the time … acquaintance :“so what you been up to? … me: “oh just busy working, eating and sleeping” (BORING!)
- My only goal in life is to not be average! I would rather live in the gutter and be trying to build a business for myself than work for someone else! (So I am currently a walking hypocrite … I am working for a large corporation, but only because I need funds to get my business off the ground. I do have an end goal in sight. See about page for more)
And The Point Of The Blog Is? …
So this being the “greatest challenge of my life” and hoping to grow personally from this experience, I figured there is no better way to record the experience than in a public forum such as a blog. I can go back and see my growth, but at the same time I can inspire, teach and just plain help others on their quest for lifestyle design.
Another reason for this blog is because I simply want to meet other like minded people. I live in a city that does not have a tech community, and a very limited business network. I want to meet those that have done it and those that like me wish to do it. Wherever you are in the process hit me up, I am so keen for us all to help each other out, after all everything is easier in a group.
Some Stuff You Can Expect To See …
- Weekly Lifestyle Business Podcast, with interviews from those that have done it, to tips on how to grow your location independent business (this will come at a later date, let me get a couple of dozen posts under my belt first)
- Insight from the very beginning of someone’s lifestyle design journey, so you can see from start to finish (hopefully) how it is done and what it takes
- Business, marketing articles. I want this blog to have practical advice you can takeaway and apply to your own lifestyle business. My background is in online marketing so I have some idea.
- If you don’t already know, my muse is a Philippines Based Virtual Assistant Company aimed at helping SMEs expand and grow, increase productivity and decrease costs, I want to share tips, resources about outsourcing and how to do it successfully in order to scale. From what I have learnt so far, one of the most important aspects of business is your ability to hire the right staff, so I will help you here as well as give plenty of remote management tips.
- Provide travel tips on the Philippines and hopefully further down the line, many other countries that are ideal for creating lifestyle design, such as Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, etc. I am fairly attached to the Philippines at the moment so that is what most of the information will be Philippines oriented at first. I have not even actually been there yet (got a ticket for January 20th, 2011, more to come in a future post).
So today is my birthday, I am 25 years old! I am halfway through what are apparently the best years of my life. I raise my hand and admit since leaving school I have been more talk than walk and it is time to change that and actually start making these the best years of my life.
If anything in this post rings true to you, leave a comment below, lets connect and start helping each other realise our goals.
PS I know my writing is not the best, but I hope by writing more frequently I can improve. If you have any suggestions, tips about my writing style it would be much appreciated. I am open to criticism.