Video content is more important these days and your site needs at least some video content to help customers/readers know more about you without spending hours reading a novel (they can easily be bored and leave). Most people have a short attention span so its important to grab their attention and create a video that is not only gets your message across but is also somewhat entertaining. Because of this we just made a new video for remoteworkmate.com check it out and below we will show you exactly how you can make a video just like this. It seems to be having a positive effect as we are getting more inquiries since we put the video up and changed the look of the site. We have been working on our site but still have alot more work to do in terms of content, layout and overall messages on the site.
What do you think of the new video?
What do you think of our new set up over at RemoteWorkmate also? Its not finished yet but we are getting there.
Want to know how we made the video exactly? Well let us show you step by step so you can make one exactly the same or similar for your online product, service or even blog.
- Concept- This is the first and most important step. You need to come up with an idea concept and overall way to sell your product. A bit of brainstorming is needed here….. Remember you need to differentiate yourself from your competitors. Why would they want to use you over your competitors? What concepts and features do you want to talk about in your short film. You need to try and have new concepts and grab the attention of the viewer immediately. If they watch 50% of your video chances are they will watch the whole thing (I think someone did a study on this)
- Script- Once you know what you want your video concept to be about you can start the script. Go through and think over everything you want your voice over guys to talk about. This is straight forward but make sure its right before you get it 100% correct before you send it off.
- Voice Over- Either record the voice over yourself or get a professional to do it over at fiver. There are simply hundreds to choose from here is the exact guy we used.
- Slides- Go through your script and work out what text or pictures you want to come up when the voice over is playing. For example- voice- “Let us show you how we do things at remoteworkmate.com” text- How WE WORK
- Graphic Designer- Get all the designs made up by a graphic designer or you can do this yourself if you want using photoshop. We have an inhouse designer so this was relatively simple for us. We just sent him the text and told him make it “sexy”. You could use odesk for something like this for a one off task. if you are not sure how to use Photoshop
- Music- Download some royalty free music any site on the web- one free site is incompetech. Remember you get what you pay for here. Incompetech may be free but sound quality and actual track quality is not the best. Using poor quality music may ruin your awesome new video.
- Wait- for everything to come back from the designer and your sound over guy.
- Put It all Together- Either you or your VA simply then create the video, we used Adobe Premiere Pro. It is simply a matter of sticking the images together and making sure it aligns witht the voiceover. Make sure the music is not too loud and the voice over lines up perfect with all the designs you had made. Everything really has to be in time here or it wont look anywhere near as good as what it should.
- Upload- your video using Vimeo as the quality looks better and more professional than youtube. However you may want to also put it on YouTube for SEO and traffic purposes. Then you can promote your video on you tube, doing some simple things to help it get searched more and more views overall.
Thats it, its super simple to do and you can start impressing your customers with a professional looking video with just a couple of hours work. So what do you think? Any tips or tricks I missed? How could we have improved on this video? I know we wanted a bit more movement in the slides and a few other things but its better just to get this one up for now.