We all know social media can get more traffic to your site blog and/or niche sites if you have them
check this out
Phil Jensen from http://myonlinesuccessdiary.com said he focuses 100% on getting traffic and claimed to make $2550 in one day with adsense. This is mental if its true! Most people cant even make that in one month from adsense.
I decided to re-focus and diversify my traffic base. I focused 100% on social marketing via Twitter and Facebook. Looking back I feel stupid for not taking advantage of these vehicles as they have helped draw a significant amount of traffic to my sites.
We all know however that twitter can be a huge time suck and can be a huge distraction if you have Tweet Deck and every tweet pops up on your screen. Also you can spend hours looking through all the tweets of the people you are following. But twitter can be a great way to communicate, build relationships online and get traffic if used wisely. So here are our top tips to get more followers to your account as quick as possible.
- This is to get you started only as the followers here are useless. Go to Fiver and order a gig to get 1000+ followers gets you street cred and makes you look less like a complete loser with 3 followers and i’m sure helps in some way with people finding you there after…….. you could also use AddMeFast
- Set up at least a few automatic messages using Twitterfeed remember not to over-use this as this is “social media” you want to keep it that way or risk annoying your followers to the point where they will hit “unfollow”. we want to gain followers not lose them. So be very careful what you do here because auto messages can look bad. I generally only use it for this blog so I never forget to tweet every post and of course never use make direct messages direct this is total spam and you will look like a twitter twat!
- You need an easy way to put out interesting tweets to your followers without wasting all your time some thing like a google extension I use this one(add this share and bookmark) Google Chrome extension. so I can easily post any cool blogs posts or anything interesting I come across. Im sure there are other ways to do this whatever your choice hook one up to your account.
- Add your twitter account details in all places and make it easy to follow you on your blog/website/facebook/other profiles and so on. If people see this they can easily click through and follow you… not just directly from twitter this is getting outside followers.
- Grab attention when you post) When you tweet you may want to use @name of someone thats related to you and your niche…. this gets their direct attention as its in there “mentions” feed and does not disappear so quick like the standard posts also doing retweets is a good way to grab attention ohhh spammy.
- Join in with everyone for example if someone tweets you or retweets one of your tweets make sure you tweet them back. Thishelps show your a nice cool guy willing to socialise with people and are not just a large company with a robot/virtual assistant putting out tweets
- Follow people that may be interested in your niche and be an active follower. Retweet their messages and so on…. be an active follower as much as possible!
- Keep active all the time. If you dont put a tweet out for 3 weeks you look like you dont care or keep up to date and may lose followers again
- Never just promote, promote, promote. This looks bad on your behalf as twitter is a great place to share things about your blog/website but you can overdo it…. So build an audience by sharing quality and useful information around your niche to establish your personality and businesses personality first. Then you can throw out a few promotions here and there making sure never to over do it.
- Try not do be a boring waste of space! Post interesting things not boring spammy garbage no one gives a dam for! putting out great tweets will get you more retweets and more people clicking through on your links etc.
that’s all for now guys, any tips I didn’t mention just leave a comment below